Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I wonder if you can please tell me how to find a surgeon who

I wonder if you can please tell me how to find a surgeon who is experienced doing a sacrospinous fixation in or within reasonable reach of St Albans? I have a gynaecologist and am happy with him but am not happy with the hospital he works at as I have had a previous experience there do not wish to return. I also understand that it could be possible to be left with permanent pain at the fixation site although it could also go after about 3 months? I am very anxious about all this as I know it is necessary to do. Many thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

This sounds like you have vaginal prolapse, correct?

Dr Owen :

and have you already had a hysterectomy?

Dr Owen :

And what is your age?

Dr Owen :

Also - I'm not familiar with St Albans - the ob/gyn's on this site like myself are not from the UK

Customer:

Yes it is a vaginal prolapse and I have had a hysterectomy. I am 63

Dr Owen :

okay - well the type of surgeon you want for this since you have already had the surgeon is a pelvic reconstructive surgeon - they are also known as Urogynecologists -

Dr Owen :

This surgery can be performed via an open procedure - but the Urogynecologist can perform this via a Laparoscopy procedure and /or with the help of the DaVinci robot

Dr Owen :

so what you need to do, it find an Urogynecologist in your area - and at this point there really is no widely publicized list of Urogynecologists in the world - but your Current doctor SHOULD understand your concerns about the hospital and Should refer you to an urogynecologist - as GOOD doctors do have a referral system to get you to the type of doctor you want and to be operated in the hospital of your choosing.

Dr Owen :

Now I have a website for you to visit - Read through the site very thoroughly - it will give you a VERY good understanding

Dr Owen :

Urogyn

Dr Owen :

click on that above

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Customer:

I am worried that I am not emptying my bladder properly and cannot leave it too long. Would a sacrospinous fixation be an option ?

Dr Owen :

If you are Still having 'Prolapse' of the top of the vagina - then a Sacrospinous procedure would help

Dr Owen :

but that is where an Urogynecologist would help you - not just an ob/gyn - you need a specialized ob/gyn called this Urogyn

Customer:

I was told there was significant vault prolapse at examination under anaesthesia which was more severe than at previous examination.

Dr Owen :

okay

Dr Owen :

Then you need to have this done by an Urogynecolosit

Dr Owen :

I would STRONGLY suggest looking at DR Miklos and Dr Moore....if you can't seem them - you can at least CALL them - and they can then get you to the CLOSES urogynecologist near your.

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you today

Dr Owen :

Customer:

Thanks for your help - I will look into it. I have made a note of the web site and will read carefully. This has given me more confidence to move forward.

Dr Owen :

you are welcome

Dr Owen :

please click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

you will see that button near where you were typing

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

that is how I get credit for helping you and for my time

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Hello - are you there?

Customer:

Yes

Dr Owen :

please click on Excellent

Dr Owen :

that is the only way I get credit for helping you

Dr Owen :

I have given you 30 minutes of my time

Dr Owen :

thank you