Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

Hi I think I am 12 weeks pregnant my last full started

Customer Question

I think I am 12 weeks pregnant my last full period started April 1st. On the 16th May I bleed for one day before this I was feeling sick sore boobs etc I did a pregnancy test it was negative I then thought no more of it until the 16th June where I bleed for one day again I have been getting headaches nearly every day feeling sick every now and again but not throwing up my stomach seems like it is getting bigger and feels hard under the belly button I done another pregnancy test but it is negative.

My boyfriend has spina bifida I haven't been taking any folic acid but I don't know if I am preganct or not
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Have you ever had a positive pregnancy test?

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

No

Dr Owen :

then you are not pregnant.

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

I don't understand why I have had two months of one day bleeding

Dr Owen :

you can not be pregnant with a negative pregnancy test - in over 20 years and having taken care of Thousands of women, I have never seen that happen and there is no cases of that ever happening (even though you can read it on the internet - it does not happen).

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

People have said they have been pregnant before but a urine test has not detected it

Dr Owen :

Yes - as I have just said - YOU can read it all over the internet - but NEVER true - that has never been proven - never

Dr Owen :

The internet is full of a wonderful bunch of lies -

Dr Owen :

So what is happening is that you could have an ovarian cyst or a possible thyroid problem - so this is what you need to check

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

It happend to my friend why would know have all the symptoms and not a proper period for 2 months

Dr Owen :

Yes and friends tell you that too - but again - I can prove and so can every real ob/gyn in the world that this is not possible

Dr Owen :

Let's not talk about Friends and what lies you have read on the internet

Dr Owen :

THIS is about YOU

Dr Owen :

you are not pregnant

Dr Owen :

and this is probably due to an ovarian cyst or a thyroid problem and hence that is what you need to check -

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

Last year I was pregnant miscarried and had the same thing my doctor told me you can get false negatives

Dr Owen :

As a doctor I deal with truths not the lies on the internet that is perpetuated

Dr Owen :

you can get ONE false negative - but not many - and when you miscarry - you have to prove that you were with pathology report of Chorioinic Villi on the reports

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

M doctor has told me before.you can get false negatives as I.was.pregnant last year and again it did not show up on a urine test

Dr Owen :

so again - you are not pregnant with multiple negative pregnancy tests

Dr Owen :

Okay - I see you are not listening

Dr Owen :

If you want to see what is going on

Dr Owen :

you need to check on what I have suggested - this is definitely not a pregnancy

Dr Owen :

Have a good day

Dr Owen :

I won't waste any more of your time

Dr Owen :

you are stuck on this notion you are pregnant and I can't help you if you think you are pregnant when you are not

Dr Owen :

good luck

JACUSTOMER-vd1vsslp- :

So.pregnancy symptoms are the same as a cyst

Dr Owen :

Pregnancy symptoms can Mimic many other thijngs

Dr Owen :

things

Dr Owen :

so therefore you need to check your ovaries and a thyroid test

Dr Owen :

That is what you more than likely have going on

Dr Owen :

figures

Dr Owen :

by the way - strongly suggest you check what I have said

Dr Owen :

this could be a cancer.

Dr Owen :

Good luck to you

Dr Owen :

Cancers in your age group can spread quite rapidly too - so you should get this checked

Dr Owen :

good luck

Dr Owen :

.