Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hello, I am 39 plus 4 pregnant. My midwife arranged a scan

I am 39 plus 4 pregnant.
My midwife arranged a scan for me 4 days ago as she had concerns that the baby is big.
The sonographer said that baby is normal although my waters are a bit more/ thats why midwife got confused about the big baby/.
Basically the sonographer said that everything is normal, baby is head down, everything is ok but she said i would need to go tomorrow/ one day before my due date/ to the hospital and a doctor will see me.
Do I have to worry? Why would a doctor would like to see me if everything is ok?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

hello

Dr Owen :

Actually this is quite common and honestly this is really not a concern - and what you would like to see if if the baby is less than about 10 lbs, then you should be able to have a vaginal delivery - but if greater than about 10 pounds - then you can try to have a vaginal delivery - but you might consider a c-section to preserve your pelvic area (to make sure you do not have any lacerations).

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Customer: