Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I am 69years old, have not had for 12years and now through

I am 69years old, have not had sex for 12years and now through tightness have pain when
my new partner attempts penetrating me. I do wish to get back to how I was when I was younger and what could help me achieve this. I will be so grateful ror some help
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Hellp

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

There are a few things you will need to do...

Dr Owen :

Since you are 69 - your vaginal area is Atrophic - so you will need to do the following things.

Dr Owen :

1. You will need to use VAginal Estrogen such as Estrace, or VAgifem - and use this two to three times per week in the vagina

Dr Owen :

2. You should also use vaginal dilators to open up the vagina (dilating it) - do this daily and then using the dilators increasing in size as you can - but you will also need to use a Lubricant with this.

Dr Owen :

3. So, with the vaginal dilators you would use a VAginal dilator such as one called Astroglide - and when you have sex too - you should use a lubricant too.

Dr Owen :

i wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr Owen :

To get the Estrogen - estrace or vagifem - these are prescriptions and you will need a prescription for this