Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

I have recently begun PremakC . I am currently on day 13 of

Customer Question

I have recently begun PremakC . I am currently on day 13 of estrogen and will begin the norgestrel part the day after tomorrow. I am due to go on holiday on Saturday 2 August to Saturday 9 August and I think it is likely therefore that I will have a withdrawal bleed while I am away. Is it possible to avoid this please?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 3 years ago.

Dr Owen :

Dr Owen :

Yes you can avoid a period during your holiday

Dr Owen :

and therefore you should not have a period

Dr Owen :

All you need to do - is to CONTINUE the Norgestrel - meaning you continue to take it, SKIP the sugar/ placebo pill.

Dr Owen :

When you want to have a period, simply stop the norgestrel

Dr Owen :

I wish you well

Dr Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr Owen :

JACUSTOMER-mjvfgd35- :

I do not understand what u mean by sugar/placebo pill. When u advise continue with norgestrel, please be aware that I have not begun that part of the pack yet. I am on Prempack c on day 13, which is the estrogen only part.

Dr Owen :

that was not very nice

Dr Owen :

Yes I understand you are on prempack

Dr Owen :

All you need to do is Take a DAILY Norgestrel - take the ACTIVE pill - that is all you need to do - SKIP the placebo/ sugar pills (the placebo sugar pills are JUST fake pills they put in the package - and that is the week you have a period).

Dr Owen :

So when you start the norgestrel take an ACTIVE pill every day and that is all you need to do

Dr Owen :

and then you will NOT have a period.

Dr Owen :

Please click on Excellent for helping you (that was not nice to give me a bad rating when I am helping you - makes me feel you don't want my help)

Dr Owen :

thank you

Dr Owen :

okay

Dr Owen :

I get it

Dr Owen :

You wanted a free answer

Dr Owen :

have a Great day

Dr Owen :

but it is not appreciated that you have given me a bad rating twic

Dr Owen :

have a good day Maam

Dr Owen :

bye

Dr Owen :

All I have done is helped you

Dr Owen :

and you have hurt me with a bad rating

Dr Owen :

good day