Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have just got my 18 days after my last is there

Customer Question

I have just got my period 18 days after my last period is there anything to worry about, I am 38.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Do you usually have very regular periods?
Do you use anything for birth control? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am regular every 26-28 days. I have not been using protection but he has pulled out before he comes

Most likely your early period is due to your age, and the fact that women often miss ovulation in their later 30's. As long as you've usually had regular periods, it's generally nothing to worry about. Sometimes it might happen that you could bleed for extra time, and then you'd have to see your doctor for some progesterone pills to stop the bleeding.
I would give it some time and see whether your regular periods resume. There's a fairly good chance that they will. Best wishes.
Thank you for your payment and rating.