Dr Owen
Dr Owen, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Board certified Ob/Gyn
18703594

Hi, General Sexual Intercourse seems to be a problem, I

General Sexual Intercourse seems to be a problem, I am a generally healthy female in my mid- thirties but my vaginal area is very tight & does not seem to naturally loosen for a penis to fully insert, only high-way? So full sexual intercourse has not as yet happened successfully! Help?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Owen replied 2 years ago.
Dr Owen : Hello
Dr Owen : have you ever had a baby vaginally?
Customer:

Hi how are you?

Customer:

No not as yet.

Dr Owen : Have you used any play toys to help?
Customer:

For sexual arousal & to try to loosen up, my partner has licked & used his fingers, which still did not really help.

Dr Owen : Okay
Dr Owen : what you need to do is use vaginal dilators to help to open the vagina
Dr Owen : this will help yiu
Dr Owen : plus using a good lubricant such as Astroglide during the training with the vaginal dilators
Customer:

What are dilators?

Dr Owen : They are something like a dildo that come in various sizes and you place in your vagina starting with a small size to eventually train your vagina to open the vagina to the desired diameter.
Customer:

Where are those available from?

Dr Owen : So e places are over the counter or available at a health Vitamin store, you have to look around.
Dr Owen : Also you can order online
Dr Owen : See here
Dr Owen : http://www.vaginismus.com/products/dilator_set?gclid=CjwKEAjw1ZWgBRD-n6ew0oan1xwSJABAbf8pmGlpChQzy0P4Ry1w8yU7842nbHg5P3Pszlron9txqhoCiarw_wcB
Customer:

OK, thanks. But just in case if those do-not help could there be any other reason?

Dr Owen : This is quite normal and the dilators will help.
Dr Owen : if you are not getting help, please get a pelvic exam from your ob gyn but it should be
Dr Owen : help
Dr Owen : you just have to use the dilators. And use them daily to allow them to work.
Dr Owen : I wish you well
Dr Owen : please click on EXCELLENT
Dr Owen : THANK YOU