Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I have an uncomfortable feeling in my left armpit. It feels

Customer Question

I have an uncomfortable feeling in my left armpit. It feels like there is a soft lump in a bit of elastic which I assume is ligament/tendon. Have had it for a couple of weeks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Have you had any cuts or rash on that arm?
When was your last mammogram? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No trauma to that arm at all. Last Mammogram was two years ago. I cant feel any lumps in my breast. Just a soft lump in my armpit which seems to be in the middle of a vein/tendon/ligament.

An uncomfortable swelling is more likely to be from lymph nodes that are swollen due to some inflammation. However, there is also the possibility that you have lymph nodes swollen due to cancer, especially if this feels like a lump.
I would recommend seeing your doctor for evaluation. This would include an exam and probably a mammogram. If all else is normal, the doctor might decide to have a biopsy done, removing the lump, to be sure it's benign.
A soft lump doesn't sound very worrisome, but I think it's best to have it checked out. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its not situated on its own. As mentioned, its like its in a length of rubber band.

I don't think that changes anything. As you say, the band is likely a tendon. Lymph nodes are next to tendons. If it's attached to the tendon, that might even be more worrisome.
Thank you for your payment.