Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Hi, I didn't want to have my period this time around so

I didn't want to have my period this time around so I took the pill, Yasmin, back to back. Today I got a very heavy period. I am therefore worried that I might have missed a pill as I am going through a very stressful time. What should I do to continue to stay protected?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.
If you got the period while you were still on the yasmin, then it is very likely that you did miss a pill. Please do not continue this pack.
Start a new pack after this period. Meanwhile, please use a condom during this time. You will be protected once again after you have taken 7 pills of the new pack.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When should I start taking the pill again? I was meant to stop my pill on Wednesday but continued taking it until today which is Saturday. Can I not continue to take the pill and then I will be protected from seven days from today?
Since you have got a period, you have probably missed a pill and are not protected at present.
Yes, you can however continue to take the pill and will be protected after 7 days. Once the pack is over you will get another period.