Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I have a bit of red/pink discharge in my cervical mucus. I

Customer Question

I have a bit of red/pink discharge in my cervical mucus. I am due to have my period soon. I had sex about two weeks ago but he did not ejaculate and he wore a condom. Could I be pregnant? Or could it be a kidney infection?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

I doubt it is either of those.

Dr. K. :

Pink discharge usually means your period is about to start

Dr. K. :

Its normal and common

Dr. K. :

Pregnancy is unlikely without ejaculation. You can do a home pregnancy test to be sure, but it is very unlikely

Dr. K. :

Symptoms of a bladder or kidney infection include burning with urination, urinating frequently, blood in the urine, back pain and fever.

Dr. K. :

Not vaginal bleeding.

Dr. K. :

I hope this helps