Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had a five day transfer in Spain on 4 October. I did the

Customer Question

I had a five day transfer in Spain on 4 October. I did the test early and it got stronger each day from day 8 after transfer to day 10. I went for Blood test on Tuesday and everyone thrilled as it was 72. London asked me to go again today the 16th and it was only 75! They just said its a possible miscarriage but i have no cramping no nothing.
As they only wanted 5 on the first test and i was os much over I dont understand why it matters it could now be only 10! I had a miscarriage late july at 7 weeks. I just cant bear it. I want someone to say something positive.
Please can you help me?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I'm very sorry, but I can't say much positive.
We know that in a healthy pregnancy, the hcg should double every 2-3 days. When the hcg only increases a little over a 2 day period, it can't be a viable pregnancy.
Your doctors will probably want to wait and repeat the test, just to be certain, but unless there was a lab error, I don't believe there is any chance that you will have a baby from this transfer. I'm very sorry.