Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I took a thrush pessary last night and this morning it stings

Customer Question

I took a thrush pessary last night and this morning it stings when I wee ? .
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

Thrush or yeast can cause burning with urination. It's also possible that you have had an allergic reaction to the thrush medication. It's also possible that you have a urinary infection.

If the burning seems to be on the inside, then I would suspect a urinary infection and see your doctor for testing and antibiotics.

If the burning is on the outside, and you didn't have it before using the thrush pessary, then I would suspect it's a reaction to the pessary. In that case, avoiding those pessaries plus sitting in water with epsom salts will be soothing and healing.

If it's on the outside, and you had it before using the thrush pessary, then it may be from the yeast infection. In that case you may need more or different thrush medication.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cause my boyfriend fingered me and two weeks ago and I haven't felt right down there. I have to see the nurse on the 5th November for swabs . I'm just scared I have cancer and something really bad

Cancer down there would be rare at age 26.
If you haven't felt right since just after he fingered you, then it's likely bruising from the fingering. If it took several days before you didn't feel right, then it might be an STD, although that would be rare from fingering.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cause my doctor said I don't need a smear test yet as I'm still a virgin and It is really rrare for virgin yo get cancer. Is this right

That's correct. Cervical cancer pretty much doesn't happen in virgins, since it comes from HPV virus, which is transmitted through sex.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So really I don't need a smear yet really

In the US, we do recommend starting Pap smears at age 21. Since you're a virgin, the Pap smear isn't so important, but I would still recommend that you have one. It's easy to do, and I believe that cervical cancer can be found in virgins, although rarely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cause I suffer from health anxiety and cause it don't feel right down there I'm scared I something serious. I don't have my swabs till 5 November

I don't think there is anything I can add. I've tried to reassure you, but I don't think you believe me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do believe you I'm just really scared and I guess me anxiey ain't helping

Yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So should I just forget about it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could all this be due to hormones?

I don't think it's hormones.
I think your anxiety has much to do with it.
I think if you read the answers above, your questions are answered.
I will opt out, since I don't think you plan to rate and pay me anyway.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Thank you for your payment.