Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience:  Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
62875722

i had tvt surgery for stress incontinence 14 days ago. after

i had tvt surgery for stress incontinence 14 days ago. after 1 week i became ill with tonsilitis. this left me with a terrible dry cough. i am back to wearing pads because of urine leaking. I have no pain emptying my bladder fully but i have a lump just inside my vagina opening. it feels like a soft ball but can feel like a stitch attached to it. Is this normal i am worrying my bladder has prolapsed because of all the coughing
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Lawrence replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Lawrence :

Hello, and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you. Answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Lawrence :

Dr. Lawrence :

I am sorry you are experiencing this.

Dr. Lawrence :

It sounds like maybe you had a small complication after the surgery due to the coughing.

Dr. Lawrence :

Dr. Lawrence :

Is there any way for you to call your surgeon now.

Dr. Lawrence :

They should know about it so they can make arrangements to examine you.

Dr. Lawrence :

It may need to be repaired surgically.....it may not, but your description sounds like a prolapse.

Dr. Lawrence :

Also, since you can feel the stitch, there may have been a breakdown of the surgical site. Very hard for me to tell for sure without examining you, so I don't want to make any presumptions.

Dr. Lawrence :

But you really want to contact your surgeon.

Customer:

i am not able to contact hospital until monday

Dr. Lawrence :

I think that would be more effective than waiting and then just calling the hospital.

Dr. Lawrence :

The surgeon's office isn't available for phone calls?

Customer:

i was only given a advice number from day procedure unit

Dr. Lawrence :

That is a shame. Try reaching them now. Maybe they have an emergency number you could call. It may not be a problem waiting until monday, but at least find out from them if they would like to see you sooner.