Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience:  Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
62875722

Went to have my first smear today but she couldn't do it as

Went to have my first smear today but she couldn't do it as she said my Vingina is to tight and small why is this ? But she took some swabs without useing a speculum will the swabs come back with something if there is something there
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Have you ever had intercourse?
Have you used tampons?
Did she say it was your hymen that was tight? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Never had intercourse and I have never used tampons . She just said my vingina hole is tight and she couldnt do the smear test

Swabs taken without a speculum aren't very accurate for testing for cervical cancer. However, it's probably not very important for you, since cervical cancer is almost never found in a woman who hasn't had intercourse.
I think the more important aspect is why your vagina is so tight. I suspect that you have a very narrow hymen. The other possibilities would be that your vaginal muscles spasm when an exam is attempted (vaginismus), or that your vaginal never developed properly. Both seem unlikely, unless you were aware of a tight contraction of your vaginal muscles.
Assuming that you have a tight hymen, it probably will require either some dilation or some minor surgery to relieve it.
If you are able to insert a very narrow tampon, that may resolve a tight hymen. The tampon can gradually expand and help to dilate the hymen.
Otherwise, a doctor can usually open a tight hymen in the office using local anesthesia.
I would suggest seeing an OB/GYN doctor for evaluation. The doctor can figure out the best way to open your hymen so that you'll be able to have exams and also someday have intercourse (assuming you wish to do so).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My boyfriend fingered me and so my hymen is broken cause I bleed. And she was doing the swabs for any stds. And the smear that never happened. I just really worried about all this
Although you had bleeding from your hymen, it apparently isn't open. Fingering can cause a break in the hymen that subsequently heals over, so that the hymen still isn't open. Since your vagina is still tight, I think that's the most likely reason.
I don't think I would worry much about std's or the Pap smear. It would be pretty rare to get an std from fingering. Most STD's are from penis/vagina contact.
Swabs for std's and urine tests for std's are pretty accurate, moreso than Pap smears, which are best taken from the cervix (and require visualizing the cervix).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My doctor said it dose look quite red down at the down end of the vigiinal opening . She she it could be due to trauma from my boyfriend fingering me. That part of me feels wired and tender .
How long ago did he finger you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 2 weeks

Usually 2 weeks would be enough time for it to heal from fingering.
If your doctor wasn't really able to help you, and wasn't able to do a Pap smear, I would recommend seeing an OB/GYN doctor for another opinion. It should be possible to either see your cervix and do a Pap smear, or else help you to have an open vagina so that a speculum can be inserted without difficulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't have a smear cause it hurts where I'm small and tight. I'm just scared I have something serouisly wrong with me .

Would it help if i tried to send a picture

I doubt that you have something seriously wrong, but I think you must have a tight hymen.
You could try sending a picture, but a picture is never nearly as good as doing an exam in person.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't have a smear if Im too tight

Isn't that where we started?
I don't think you're listening to me. I'll opt out, and perhaps another expert can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So what is the point in seeing a specialist if I can't have a pap smear done

Expert:  Dr. Lawrence replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you. Answers are for educational purposes only.
Dr. Norm did a very good job of describing this for you. Please read all of his posts carefully. The reason you should see a specialist (gynecologist) is to see if you have an abnormally tight hymen which may need a correction either through gradual dilation or minor outpatient surgery. This evaluation will ultimately lead to you being able to have pap smears and intercourse in the future if you so desire.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But it dont look right . My doctor said it's from trauma

It may have been aggravated from your recent sexual encounter, however, that is the case because it sounds like the hymen is abnormally tight. This is not an uncommon situation. A lot of women have this. It is easily correctable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have pictures

I'll be happy to look at them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ain't there any other way to send pic

You can post the picture by attaching it. Use the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do but nothing happens
I don't have the technical expertise to help you beyond that advice I just gave you. I am a physician. If you contact customer service, they can help you post the picture. The site's technical support staff are very good and helpful. Please click on excellent service for helping you so far. I am looking forward to seeing the picture and giving you more insight if I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't you have an email I can send it to cause I really worried about all this
No. All communication has to be through this site.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just really scared about all this , would anything to do with my vingina make me keep peeing .

Thanks. It looks like you have a narrow opening, but it is impossible to tell from the pictures that the hymenal ring is too tight. One can only assess that by doing an in person examination. There is no evidence of trauma in the picture however, so that is good.
Please click on excellent service for helping you. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you and best of luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is the viGina got anything with my bladder ?

The bladder sits above the vagina, but other than their close proximity, they are separate entities. I dont' see a bladder problem in the picture.
Please click on excellent service for helping you. I am happy to answer additional questions, but I would appreciate it if you could acknowledge my assistance thus far with positive feedback.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dose everything look ok on that pic ? I been doctors twice about a uti and I am on my second lot of anitboics. And all this has happen since my boyfriend fingered me .

The uti is a separate issue. nothing like that can be seen on a picture. Please click on excellent service so I am credited for my time and advice. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could my anxiety have something to do with it

As Dr. Norm explained earlier, if you are very anxious, that can create tightening around your vagina and can make it harder to penetrate either for an exam or with intercourse.
Please click on excellent service. I am happy to continue to help you but I would like to be recognized for my time and efforts on your behalf.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cause I suffer from health anxiety , do u think that is why I keep feeling I need to pee and tight feeling in stomach. I'm scared

Anxiety can manifest itself in a lot of different ways. You should have a culture of your urine to see if you still have an infection. It is nothing to be scared of. Please click on excellent service and I will be happy to help you further. I really need you to acknowledge my time and efforts. Please provide positive feedback. It is only fair that I am credited for my time.
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience: Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I done a urine test and it said I had blood and something else what dose it mean when you have blood in your urine

It usually means you have a urinary tract infection. That is the most common finding. You should also have a urine culture done if you haven't responded to the antibiotics.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is urine culture means what do there do ?
It is a urine sample that looks for the specific bacteria causing the infection. It will tell you what antibiotic will work to treat it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My doctor has done that what happens now
Get the results from your doctor. If you are not better, then you either need another culture or possibly a test to look inside your bladder (a cystoscopy). But most likely you won't need that. Please click on excellent service. Thank you.
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN