Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I went back to the doctors today and she test my pee today

Customer Question

I went back to the doctors today and she test my pee today and this one came back clear. I told her why do I still feel that I have to pee all the time . She said I have a thing called irrable bladder is this right. Cause at the moment my anxiety is on the high and I'm just worried it is something more serouis
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

No I dont think you have an irritable bladder at age 26. It may be anxiety.

Dr. K. :

It could be useful to to use a bladder pill such as

Dr. K. :

detrol to relax the bladder for a few weeks.

JACUSTOMER-6s93ylrt- :

Well what else could it be ?

Dr. K. :

You could still have a bladder infection. Just doing a urinalysis in the office does not mean that you do not. You could have interstitial cystitis also. It may be helpful to be retreated with a different antibiotic. One choice is Macrobid or nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice a day for 10 days.

JACUSTOMER-6s93ylrt- :

My doctor done some swabs and she didn't use a septum cause she said my virGina hole is to tight cause I'm still a virgin. But what I want to know is cause my doctor couldn't use a septum would the swabs still come back right ?

Dr. K. :

If your Dr cant even use a speculum then you must not be able to have sex so there is no need to test

JACUSTOMER-6s93ylrt- :

I have never had sex , but I'm sayin when she done the swabs if I had any infection or anything would it of picked it up without using a spetulm?

JACUSTOMER-6s93ylrt- :

What is intrestitial cystiti? How did i get it ?

Dr. K. :

Theres no way to get an infection if you dont have sex.

Dr. K. :

Interstitial cystitis is not an infection

Dr. K. :

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/interstitial-cystitis-pro