Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience:  Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
62875722

I m 24 yrs old..it's been more than 2 wks m havin period n

I m 24 yrs old..it's been more than 2 wks m havin period n it does not stop.i went to gp n had a traxamic acid for 5 days...but it does not work...,it bleeds heavy when I do some hard work but when I Jst take rest it's fine...m Jst worried...I can't carry out my normal activities...I don't feel any cramp or pain ...can u plzz help me.....wat shall I do....I Jst went through online research about that...and got know about home treatment....I am thinkin to use acv apple citrus vinegar ....is it fine??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Lawrence replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Lawrence :

Hello, and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you. Answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Lawrence :

Let me read your question carefully.

Dr. Lawrence :

I am sorry you are expoeriencing this.

Dr. Lawrence :

The apple citrus won't hurt, but I really don't expect it to help.

Dr. Lawrence :

Is this the first time your period has lasted this long?

Dr. Lawrence :

Do you normally have regular periods?

Dr. Lawrence :

Any recent illnesses?

Dr. Lawrence :

Are you on any medications or have any medical problems?

Dr. Lawrence :

Let me know when you are available to respond and we can explore this further. If you can answer my questions, then I can give you some better insight into why this is happening and what you can do for it.

Dr. Lawrence :

The tranexamic acid usually works well, but I typically recommend trying it for a few months to determine if it is working...it may be too early to give up on it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it fine if I use acv or can I continue the Traexamic acid more
The tranexamic acid is only indicated for up to five days each period. Don't continue to use it now. You can try the acv, but I will be surprised if it really helps. You would benefit from progesterone therapy (need script from your doctor) or a birth control pill. The pill would work the best long term to keep the periods regular (unless you are trying to get pregnant). If this continues, you may need an evaluation with blood work (TSH, Prolactin, CBC, CMP) and a pelvic ultrasound to look for a possible cause of your prolonged bleeding.