Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence, OB/GYN
Experience:  Board Certified OB/GYN and accomplished educator
62875722

Is it fine to use acv or shall I continue traxamic acid fo

Customer Question

Is it fine to use acv or shall I continue traxamic acid for
Longer
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Lawrence replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Lawrence :

Hello, and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you. Answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Lawrence :

I would not recommend continuing the tranexamic acid this cycle. It is only indicated for use up to 5 days a month.

Dr. Lawrence :

If you want to try a natural therapy, then start the acv now.

Dr. Lawrence :

If that doesn't work, then see the recommendations I made in the other question for the birth control pill or progesterone.

Dr. Lawrence :

As I mentioned earlier, you may need an evaluation to see why this is happening.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am worried..does this kind of prolong period effects of being pregnant...
Do you mean your ability to get pregnant? Well, right now, while this is going on, you probably did not have an ovulatory cycle (did not release an egg this month). The question is whether this is a pattern or not. If it continues, then you need to have the evaluation I mentioned to see if there is a reason why you are bleeding and if you are ovulating. But one abnormal cycle is not usually a concern.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it fine if I use acv now and wait how it works and then got check up if it does not work
Yes. That would be fine. I would recommend keep a menstrual calendar (dates of when you start, stop), so if you need to be seen, then you have that information to bring with you to the doctor. Also, if in the meantime you get dizzy, lightheaded, or start soaking more than a pad an hour, then you should be seen right away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The bleeding is not so heavy...one pad is fine for all day....it is better than before..since I took medicine it's not so heavy.,the main problem is it does not stop...so I ll go for acv n see how it works
That is good to hear. Sounds like a reasonable plan. Best of luck. Let me know if you need any additional assistance moving forward. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank u so much for ur help...m little bit confuse about payment....is this the one only for now or u Jst charge me every month from my card????
I don't know the specifics of how that works. I only know that I only get credit for my assistance if you provide positive feedback for helping you. So I appreciate it if you do that for each question. Please contact customer service if you have any specific questions about charges.