Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

hi ive been put on erythromycin for a urinary infection

Customer Question

hi ive been put on erythromycin for a urinary infection (caused by a forgotten tampon) im not sure if this is the right medication and since taking them ive been getting a none smelling discharge its very glue like and seems to have brown blood in it which im assuming isnt a bad thing as it will be from the left tampon apologies for this enquiry every aspect is rather disgusting and also i have an apparent uti for 5 years it drve me insane my quality of life was just awful then finally had an op on my kidney tube as i had endometriosis on it could it be this problem returning just paniking

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

The brown blood is likely from the forgotten tampon.

Dr. K. :

It may continue to come out for a week or so as your body cleanses itself, its normal

Dr. K. :

Erythromycin does not work well for a uti.

Dr. K. :

Better choices are Bactrim, Cipro, or Macrobid