Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I inserted my penis for 5 seconds into the woman. I did not

I inserted my penis for 5 seconds into the woman. I did not ejaculate, and she took the morning after pill less than 72 hours after our interaction. What is the likelyhood she is pregnant? She is not on birth control but said she has not gotten her period since June because her body is still adjusting to getting off of her birth control for such a long period of time. Please let me know if I am at risk of impregnating her. Thanks
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
I would say that the risk of pregnancy is extremely low. Since she has not gotten her period since June, that means that she has not ovulated since June, since ovulation is what brings on the next period. The chance that she might just start ovulating now is very remote.
Plus she took the morning after pill, which will prevent about 90% of pregnancies that otherwise would have occurred.
Plus you didn't ejaculate in her. I would say the chance of pregnancy is so close to zero that it's almost impossible (although nothing is really impossible). But I wouldn't worry. Your risk is so low it's almost negligible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you. I just have follow up question regarding the situation. When I masturbate I never see any pre-cum. I have read so much about pre-cum online. Does seaman exist in per-cum? And if I don't see pre cum when I masturbate is I logical to think I don't have any during intercourse as well.?
Sperm are usually not present in pre-cum, but they can be if the man has recently ejaculated. Urinating will clear out the sperm, and then pre-cum does not usually have sperm.
Pre-cum is often not seen with masturbation, but often occurs with foreplay. So depending on the amount of foreplay, there may or may not be pre-cum.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so if I urinated prior to the insertion (several times) than the precum would have no sperm in it and this not be ale to impregnate as well? Even if we did engage in intercourse, the likely hood of her getting pregnant is as you said before virtually non-existent correct?
As long as you did not ejaculate at all in the woman, then the likelihood of her getting pregnant is virtually non-existent. Correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received oral sex about 10 minutes after the brief 5-10 insertion of my penis into her and it was then that I ejaculated. Prior to that I did not that night. I apologize for the many follow questions but your advice has helped put my mind at ease. Knowing the event so the night, your medical opinion would be i have nothing to worry about regarding her pregnancy correct? Also I am just curious, how can we check if you are a practicing Doctor? Is there a website to verify? Thank you so much for your time.
My opinion would be that you have almost nothing to worry about. Anytime you put your penis in a vagina, it's hard to say there is absolutely nothing to worry about.
This site JustAnswer screens all experts that they are certified with medical licenses.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience: Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Thank you for your payment and rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long do I need to wait to get tested for any STD's after unprotected sexual encounter?

1 week is good for most STD's.

For HIV it's about 3 weeks, then re-test later.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the best test to get for std's?
There is a different test for each std.
If possible, I would go to an std clinic. They will be extremely knowledgeable about testing. Otherwise your doctor can order testing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** nothing visible and the woman said that she has only been with one person in the past year and gets tested regularly because she donates blood. I appreciate all of your help. Final question, how long do we have to wait for her to take a pregnancy test that will produce an accurate result. As I mentioned before she has not had her period in a long time and I don't think I will be able to wait until she gets it because I am not sure when that will be. How long do we have to wait to do an accurate test?

A pregnancy test will usually be positive 3 weeks after conception, and will always be positive 4 weeks after conception. Conception usually is the same day as sex, but could be 2-3 days later.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there any test that I can get sooner?

You could do a pregnancy test 2 weeks after sex, but if it's negative, you have to repeat it later, since it's too soon to be sure. All pregnancy tests are about the same, measuring the amount of hcg in urine or blood.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. You have been extremely helpful. Can I please have just some information that I can cross reference you as I am inclined to trust the information you have provided me. Is there just somewhere you have worked or something that I can ensure I am speaking with a professional? I understand you are urged not to give out personal information, but I just really need to know this information is accurate. Thanks.
This web site will certify that I am a licensed medical doctor in the US. I'm afraid that's all the credentials I can give you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is fine. My last inquiry I promise. Based on the information I have you. Can you give me just how unlikely it is that I have impregnated the woman I had the brief sexual encounter with. I feel as though there is really no way he could have gotten pregnant from this brief insertion. Please just answer for me and I will stop my questions: thanks.
I believe that I've already answered that question several times.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Which is that you agree correct?

Yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can a woman get pregnant when she does not have a regular period? I guess in other words do women ovulate when they are not getting their period?
I think this is a new question, and should be posted as such. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is related to the fact that she hadn't had a period since June. Does that mean she hadn't ovulated? I don't have another £16 please answer it would help me very much
Pregnancy is possible, but not likely when a woman hasn't had a period for many months. It means that she hasn't ovulated for many months, but there is no way to know whether she might ovulate at any time (not likely but possible).