Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

hiya I had my implant in the arm out on the July 18th 2014

Customer Question

hiya I had my implant in the arm out on the July 18th 2014 and had a period on August 18th 2014 I've found out I've got cists on my ovarys on my left side but there only small and not bad and haven't had a period since me and my partner are trying for s baby will it still happen and it's never happen end to me before but I took pregancy tests and there all negative I'm scared as if I can't have anymore kids or tht I'm worried could u plz help what did I do I've been on the implant 2 years
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Since you haven't had a period since August 18, that means that you haven't ovulated since August 18, since ovulation brings on a period 2 weeks later.
It's hard to know why you haven't ovulated. It could be stress, thyroid problems, or perhaps that just happens for you.
Your doctor can help to figure out why you're not ovulating, and then can help you to start ovulating again.
It's probably not because of the cysts in your ovary, but sometimes when a woman doesn't ovulate, she tends to develop cysts. They will probably go away once you ovulate.
I would make an appointment with your doctor. Best wishes.
Thank you for your payment and rating.