Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Hello,I changed Levest contaception pills to Marvelon and

Customer Question

I changed Levest contaception pills to Marvelon and I didn't ovelap.So I finished Levest,I've had period and after 7 days break I started taking Marvelon.In the second week of taking Marvelon I've had unprotected sex.The parnet finished inside me.I am ok?Protected???Please answer.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Yes you are protected. Marvelon is a combined oc that contains estrogen and progesterone Levest is also an combined oc. They have a different type of progesterone. This does not affect the effectiveness of the pill

Dr. K. :

You can change from one to the other without risk of pregnancy as long as you had only 7 days off. You are safe and protected.