Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I was intoxicated on Friday night and inserted an erect penis

Customer Question

I was intoxicated on Friday night and inserted an erect penis into a woman for about 5-10 seconds. I did not ejaculate nor did I come close to doing so The woman said she is not on birth control, but has not had her period since June due to her body adjusting from being off of birth control. About 56 hours after insertion she took a morning after pill. I had not ejaculated that day prior to inserting my penis, and I did urinate multiple times prior to insertion. I would like to know the likely hood of the risk of pregnancy. I have consulted multiple doctors and experts and all tell me I really have nothing to worry about. I would just like another opinion. Thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Zero

Dr. K. :

Pregnancy is extremely rare without ejaculation.

Dr. K. :

She took the morning after pill correctly so that would eliminate any small chance of pregnancy.

Dr. K. :

You have nothing to worry about.

JACUSTOMER-mu8472su- : Can you tell me if pre-cum has seamen in it?
Dr. K. :

Yes it does sometimes but not in large enough quantities to cause pregnancy, except rarely. I answer this same question more than once a week. You dont get pregnant this way.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just a follow up question...can you give me some references that show the information you gave me regarding pre-cum..i have heard a lot of conflicting information and am not sure who is right?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Sure Heres the medical study. Theres no conflicting information that is medically based. Its all from the lay public. Of note, in this article is if you google preejaculate or precum, you get about 7 million non medical citations and about 15 medical. Thats because while its possible to become pregnant with preejaculate it is very rare. It likely mostly occurs when the withdrawal method has been used too late. I answer this question at least every few days. At any rate, your partner took Plan B so theres no point in worrying.
Please click on a positive rating, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you post an article? I couldn't view it.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3564677/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a bit confused...The article you sent me sounds like it is absolutely possible to get pregnant from per-ejaculatpry fluid? Can you please clarify what I am missing here?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
You are missing a lot. Yes its possible but very rare. The parts you are missing is that while sperm was present in some of the preejaculate samples it was never present in quantities enough to fertilize a pregnancy. If it happened this way, people would get pregnant like this all the time. They dont. I am opting out of the question. I have given you many answers that you have not paid for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long do I have to wait to get a pregnancy test? It has been 13 days since the sexual encounter.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
I am opting out of the question. I have given you many answers that you have not paid for.