Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I finished my period 3 days ago and had sex with my boyfriend

I finished my period 3 days ago and had sex with my boyfriend yesterday and today. When we finished sex this morning there was a lot of blood and then I discharged a clot like thing about the size of a 20p piece. I am still bleeding now. My period that finished was very light and short compared to normal. Could my bf have given me Ghonerea?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

It is most likely that you are bleeding due to your period having just finished. If it was a very light period you could be pregnant. You should do a home pregnancy test.

Dr. K. :

Yes your boyfriend could have given you gonorrhea or chlamydia since these are std' s But the symptoms you have are not suggestive of an std.

Dr. K. :

If you suspect that he has given you a sexually transmitted disease it is best to be tested at a clinic.

Customer:

Thank you for your advice. It was only that I had read about bleeding in between periods could be a symptom of gonerea whilst surfing the web earlier. I have never had this kind of blessing before so was just worried.

Customer:

bleeding

Dr. K. :

Bleeding with gonorrhea is from cervical irritation and is generally when its been there a while Its pink or brown. Not really what you are describing

Dr. K. :

Please consider a positive rating before you leave the chat