Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

If the woman takes a "first response" early pregnancy test

Customer Question

If the woman takes a "first response" early pregnancy test 14 days after the sexual encounter...is the test likely to be reliable?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Yes it is

Dr. K. :

It is likely to be reliable even ten days after.

Dr. K. :

But if it is negative 14 days after the sexual encounter you can rest assured that you are not pregnant.

JACUSTOMER-mu8472su- :

Thank you. I believe that you answered my questions previously about this situation. I have been on the internet a lot an have continued to panic much about the situation. It seems that as a general rule there is no seaman in pre-ejaculate, and seaman that is is usually from a previous ejaculation. I urinated multiple times in between ejaculations and as I previously said I inserted my penis for 5-10 seconds. I did not ejaculate, she also took the morning after pill within 72 hours. She told me she has not had her period since june due to going off her birth control. Do I need to be worried about the risk of pregnancy?

Dr. K. :

no

JACUSTOMER-mu8472su- :

Sorry can you just give me the reasons why if possible?

Dr. K. :

I have reported you to the moderator as posting numerous identical questions and failing to pay.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.