Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had unprotected sex for 10 seconds and did not ejaculate.

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex for 10 seconds and did not ejaculate. I received oral sex approx. 10 minutes after the interaction and did ejaculate. My partner has not hAd her period in 5 months and she took llevonelle about 60 hours after the interaction. Do I need to be worried about pregnancy?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
The fact that your partner has not had a period for 5 months means that she has not ovulated for 5 months. A woman can't get pregnant without ovulating. Of course it's possible that she ovulated just around the time you had sex, but it's highly unlikely.
Plus the fact that she took levonelle, which cuts down the chance of pregnancy by over 90%.
So I don't think you need to be worried. Pregnancy is highly unlikely and close to impossible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does the fact that she took the morning after pill so long after the interaction reduce it's chances of working? I am also having trouble with what exactly pre-ejaculate is. I urinated multiple times prior to the brief intercourse including right before. Will this flush out any seaman that remain in the urethra?
It's true that the morning after pill is more effective when taken earlier, but it is still effective taken 60 hours after sex.
Urinating does flush out sperm, so that pre-ejaculate will generally have no sperm after urinating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do not see pre-ejaculate when masturbating, even when I bring myself almost to climax. Would I be likely to not have pre-ejaculate during sex as well?
You may or may not have pre-ejaculate during sex. It doesn't matter if there are no sperm in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And it would be your opinion that urinating would take care of that then?
Yes. I said that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Norm. Does the length of time of the interaction have any impact on the situation as well? I know that I have asked the same questions to you i different ways, but I am still nervous about the situation as I am very out of my element. I am happy to provide positive rating after this question as you have answered the lot of them very promptly. My last question is regarding a blood pregnancy test. It has been 12 days since the interaction, if I went to get a blood pregnancy test done, when would be a good time to do so?

Since you were only inside her for 10 seconds, that probably decreases the chance of pregnancy more than if you were in her a long time. However, the important thing is that you did not ejaculate in her.
A urine or blood pregnancy test will usually be positive 14 days after conception and will always be positive 3 weeks after conception. It might be positive 12 days later, but you can't count on a negative then.
A urine test done on a first morning urine is usually just as good as a blood test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Is there sort of an odds you can give me given all the information you have received from me regarding my situation?
I have told you that pregnancy is close to impossible. I don't think I can give better odds than that.