Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

hello. I am 37 years old. newe was pregnand,in past had many

Customer Question

hello. I am 37 years old. newe was pregnand,in past had many problems(well,now I don't even want).Just a week ago got my X-ray scan rezult,which says i have two fibroid uterus,haemorrhagic cyst and groin hernia. My GP said it is not seriouse,but I have a lot of pain on my right side,i can not even sleep,run. Do i need operation? can I actually get pregnand as I am so scared to have more pain if I get .GP advised me pils for birth control,but i don't want them,I felt so bad when I took them. Please help me with advise,I am so confused and feel alone.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hello there, I am sorry, a hemorrhagic cyst can cause alot of pain.

Dr. K. :

But it is not serious and its very likely it will go away on its own

Dr. K. :

In the past birth control pills were used to make these cysts go away faster. New research shows that the pill does not really help and that the cyst will go away on its own. You do not need to take the pill.

Dr. K. :

As long as the fibroids are not large, you do not need to worry. About a third of women over the age of 30 will have at least one. they are benign tumors of the uterus and very common