Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I've got vaginal bleeding, which occurs when I touch anywhere

Customer Question

I've got vaginal bleeding, which occurs when I touch anywhere on the inside of my vagina. The blood is bright red and not localised to any specific area. I am
Not on my period, nor am I due to be for another 2 weeks.
I do not take any contraception, and I cannot possibly be pregnant.
What could this be? Should I be worried?
(I have been really ill with an awful
Cold bug this over a week now. Which resulted in me taking ibuprofen. And actifed also, if that information is of any use)
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Can you see any lesion on the outside?

Dr. K. :

Are you sure your period is not starting early?

JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : It's definitely not an early period.
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : Because the bleeding only happens when the inside of my vagina is touched.
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : It bleeds for a moment with bright red blood and then stops.
Dr. K. :

This really sounds like your period is starting early. What do you mean by touching the inside of the vagina? If you are putting your finger in and there is blood, then it is spotting before your period

JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : I've told you twice it cannot be an early period. Because the bleeding only happens when my vagina is touched, for instance when examining myself.
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : I went to a doctor and have been told I have pelvic inflammatory disease.
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : You have been no help, nor have you listened to me. What a monumental waste of money. You live and learn. Merry Christmas
Dr. K. :

I am glad you saw the Dr PID cannot be diagnosed on the internet. The bleeding it causes is from cervicitis or irritation ot the cervix

Dr. K. :

Sorry you are not happy

JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : I didn't expect a diagnosis. I'm not stupid. I
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : Am just a woman, who wanted a clue at 11pm at night before visiting a doctor the following day. It's just a shame you decided to ignore me repeatedly saying 'it's not an early period'.
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : I'm no doctor but even I know periods don't stop and start
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : from the inside of a vagina being touched
JACUSTOMER-l6l28km9- : Thanks anyway. You tried.
Dr. K. :

I did not ignore you but it is sometimes hard to go back and forth when in different time zones. I hope you feel better soon,