Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I lost my baby at 23 weeks pregnant in January this year since

Customer Question

I lost my baby at 23 weeks pregnant in January this year since then my periods have been a couple of days out either 24/25 or 26. The past 2 months it has been 26 day cycle but this month I should of started on Saturday which would be day 26 but I haven't started yet and don't know why.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How old are you?
Do you use anything for birth control?
Do you think that you might be pregnant?
Have you had much stress lately? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 29 years old, No I don't use any birth control, No I know I am not pregnant and I haven't had much stress lately no more then what I normally have

Most women will occasionally miss a period or have a late period. The chances of this increase once a woman is close to 30 or past that age. It's very common once a woman gets close to 40 and over.
Some things increase the chance of a missed period, such as stress, weight change, illness, etc.
As long as you know that you're not pregnant, you can just wait to see when your next period comes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So its nothing to worry about, I want another baby does this decrease my chance of trying for one

If your period is just a little late, but comes, it probably doesn't decrease your chance of getting pregnant again. If you miss your period completely, that means that you didn't ovulate this month.
You can't get pregnant without ovulating, so that would decrease your chance of getting pregnant, depending on how often it happened.
Fortunately, not ovulating is the easiest type of infertility to treat, using pills that you can take early in each cycle.
So if you wish to become pregnant now, and if you miss this period altogether, then I would see your doctor to evaluate and possibly treat your ovulation.
Thank you for your payment and rating.