Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

! I have 4 days delayed periods, we are trying baby

Customer Question

! I have 4 days delayed periods, we are trying baby but all tests are negative,and I don't have any symptoms, I just have feeling that I can feel something enlarged in the middle of my vagina. Last month my periods started 4-6 days earlier and started with pink blood, then brown and normal red blood. This pink blood I never had before. Last cycle I had cystitis as well and was taking nitrofurantion. Bazal temperature is 37.2-37.3. What could it be?sex is not painful..but I have cystitis quite often.I never had termination. Periods are usually regular and not painful

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Are your periods usually very regular?
If you've been doing basal temperatures all month, what was it running early in the month?
Does it feel like a tumor enlarged in the middle of the vagina? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The periods are usually regular.yeah, I have exactly this feeling. Because usually before periods I have a bit of dull pain on the sides but this time exactly as you described

With last months period coming early and this one late, and pink and brown blood before last month's period, I suspect that you aren't ovulating every month. If you're not pregnant, not ovulating is the most common reason period to be late. Not ovulating occasionally generally happens more as a women approaches 35.
I'm not sure what to think of the something enlarged in your vagina, but it's another reason to see your doctor.
If you're not ovulating every month, your doctor can help you to do so. With your late period now, a blood test would show whether or not you've ovulated since your last period.
Most likely the cystitis is not related to the periods.
Thank you payment and rating.