Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

, Iam nearly 14 weeks pregnant and I have been getting a

, Iam nearly 14 weeks pregnant and I have been getting a thick cre***** *****fish clumpy discharge sometimes which can smell slightly like wheat/sweaty?? Sometimes it dries yellowish, Then sometimes it's dark yellowish. I don't have chlamydia/gonnrea as I have been checked . what else could it be ?? There is also no itch and no soreness at all even when I have a wee
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. C. :

and welcome to the site. My name is***** and I'll be providing your medical information today.

Dr. C. :

It may be perfectly normal as part of the increased moisture in the vaginal area during pregnancy.

Dr. C. :

During pregnancy, the blood vessels and tissues of the vagina and cervix swell. It's common to get more discharge and moisture during this time. Many pregnant women find they need to wear a panty liner every day.

Dr. C. :

It's also more common to have yeast infections during pregnancy but that more often causes a cottage cheese discharge that does itch or burn, so yours doesn't sound like that.

Dr. C. :

The best thing to do is keep an eye on it and mention it to your OB next time you see him or her.

Dr. C. :

They may want to examine you just to be sure there is no infection but it doesn't sound like there is.

Customer: , it does not seem normal and milky like most, why would it dry a very dark yellow sometimes then sometimes be creamy thick ?
Dr. C. :

It may be a mixture of mucous production from the cervix along with extra sloughing skin cells from the walls of the vagina.

Dr. C. :

That would make the discharge change in texture and color from time to time.

Dr. C. :

But to main point is that there is no foul odor, no itching, no burning and you've been tested .

Customer: Is it normal never to be milky watery ? I get worried sorry
Dr. C. :

We do know that pregnant women tend to have more discharge of a variety of types because of the increase blood flow to the area and thickening of the cells with estrogen stimulation.

Dr. C. :

Yes it can be watery at times. The cervical mucous can be clear thin and watery or thick and sticky other times. The vaginal wall discharge can be whitish and thin or even yellow colored at times.

Dr. C. :

It sounds like you have a chnaging combination of normal variations.

Dr. C. :

It really doesn't sound like anything serious is happening.

Customer: Is there any need to go the doctors ? Or should I be ok ?
Dr. C. :

I think you're not having foul odor, burning or itching, it's safe to wait until your next appointment and mention it then.

Dr. C. :

I really do think you're going to be ok.

Customer: Okay thanks help! :) !
Dr. C. :

ok, glad to help. It's normal to worry during pregnancy, you want everything perfect!

Dr. C. :

Please leave a feedback rating. I aim service. Good luck!