Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I had my implant out on the 08\11\14. I had it in and

Customer Question

I had my implant out on the 08\11\14. I had it in and a half years and no periods while on it. I felt myself ovulate and took an ovulation test on the 05\01\15 but no period as off today. Is there anything I can take to make my period come back? It's been almost 12 weeks post implant and no periods, I am worried
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
If you really ovulated on January 5, that would normally bring on a period 14 days later unless you were pregnant.
If pregnancy is a possibility, I would do a pregnancy test.
If pregnancy is not a possibility, then your doctor could give you some progesterone pills to bring on your period. There is nothing over the counter that will do it. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took a pregnancy test last Friday which was negative. I felt ovulation and the kit confirmed it so what could be the cause of the no/delayed period?

I think the most likely cause would be that the ovulation test was wrong. However, if you actually did ovulate, then it's possible that your uterine lining is not working properly, causing the lack of a period. This doesn't usually happen unless there has been some damage to the lining, such as from a D&C.
If you were having normal periods before getting the implant, then most likely your lining is normal, and in that case, most likely you didn't really ovulate when you thought.
You could see your doctor to figure it all out. Assuming there is no pregnancy, then some progesterone pills should bring on a period. If not, then your doctor may wish to look though your cervix at the lining.
Thank you payment and rating.