DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

How can I get rid of my 1st band inverted nipple?

Customer Question

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.

Hi There are so many treatment procedures for inverted treatment.most them are non invasive and conservative but surgical treatment is the best for permanent cure There are a variety of techniques for correcting inverted nipples. Most of them leave minimal scarring but do involve cutting the ducts to the nipple; therefore, breast feeding is usually out after the correction. In my experience the majority of women keep normal sensation after the procedure and the tiny scars are almost invisible.

Inverted nipple is usually the result of a short milk duct, that tether the nipple internally. The procedure can be done under local anesthesia at any age as long as you are not planning on breast feeding. It consist of a tiny incision at the base of the nipple allowing to release the contracted ducts and placement of a small tissue strip in throught the incision. This will prevent the duct from retracting again. You should not experience any sensitivity loss