DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I am 25 years old and I had a baby nearly 4 years ago, I had

I am 25 years old and I had a baby nearly 4 years ago, I had the implant not long after and since I had it out about 8months ago I've only had 3 periods. also I've found a spot in the vagina area and it's just like the kind you would get on your face. I know I have to go have a cervical exam as I've been sent a letter because of my age. It's just a scary thing
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
I think the implant you had was hormonal.For last 8 moths you are out of it and presently having with olgomenorrhoea and scanty menstruation.
This is probably due to hormonal imbalance most likely from poly cystic ovarian syndrome or it may arise fro thyroid dysfunction.An USG should be done to see any tiny cysts in the ovary and blood test for estrogen, testosterone and TSH.