DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I had an ultrasound scan last Friday that diagnosed a 6 week

I had an ultrasound scan last Friday that diagnosed a 6 week pregnancy with no heart beat. My womb lining looked like it was about to shred. It is impossible for me to be 6 weeks pregnant by my calculations. I only had sexual intercourse on one day in my last cycle which was the 1.1.15. The nhs have refused to diagnose a miscarriage and gave asked me to return next Friday for a further scan. I have contacted them again today to explain the emotional impact this is having upon me. I feel suicidal. They advised they will not do further testing until next Friday. I desperately want surgery to remove the miscarriage. Am at likely to be able to receive this privately? Could I also have an opinion on my condition?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
What was first day of last menstruation?
On which date the USG was done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, the ultrasound was completed on the 20.2.15 and the first day of my last menstruation was the 15.12.14.

As your LMP was on 15/12 and the scan was done on 20/02 it should come more than 9 weeks. The heart beat also be detected. In my opinion it should be a case of missed abortion. Provided their report is perfect. Termination can be done now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Clinical procedures in the UK dictate that if a pregnancy measures 7mm or less that a rescan should take place in 7 days time to rule out any further growth. It is very frustrating.

It may be frustrating but done to avoid any technical mistake. So if it is repeated after one week the fetal will be confirmed.