Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

there, so I have never ever missed a period or even been

Customer Question

Hi there, so I have never ever missed a period or even been late. My period has always been regular. The closest that I have ever come to having intercourse with my boyfriend was him putting on a condom and starting to enter, but we stopped because it didn't feel right. That was right before I left to study abroad. I had my regular scheduled period in the first two weeks that I got here, it is now the end of February and I have not had my period yet and am starting to freak out, especially considering it has never been late or irregular. Any ideas what it could be? Or what I should do?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
It's common for young women to go off to school and then miss their periods for many months. That's from just going away from home, and you've gone abroad. I'm pretty sure that's what has happened with you.
I'm sure that you're not pregnant from your boyfriend starting to enter with a condom on.
I would just give it some time and see whether your periods resume. If you go for 3 months without a period, then it's worthwhile to see a doctor just to check that everything else is normal. Some progesterone pills would bring on a period and also confirm that you are otherwise completely normal.