Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I was told my placenta is hardening. I wasn't given any informati

Customer Question

I was told my placenta is hardening. I wasn't given any information about this and was sent home and told to come back in two weeks. I am 36weeks. Smoker. Can I please get advice, and how can I help prevent this
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
how is the baby doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I know is the baby has slowed down with her growth and I only know that from looking at the growth chart. She is still kicking and moving away. I've been eatting more fruit and veg since the scan last week and I have replaced my suggest drinks for pure orange juice. I have also started taking pregacare vitamins, I tried giving up the cigarettes but I couldn't. The doctor that day was of no help we were in and out of the appointment with her in less than ten mins, I tried telling her about the car accident I was recently in and the extra stress at home which I am under but she refused to listen.

are they planning on inducing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know what they plan to do, I left the room with no information at all. I'm worried

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The doctor didn't mention inductions. There was no information offered, no help or advice. Can you please give me information to let me know what I am dealing with.

Thanks for this reply
I will opt out for another expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.