Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

I've just turned 35 and currently ttc baby no 2. My cycles

Hi I've just turned 35 and currently ttc baby no 2. My cycles are regular and I ovaluate each month. My problem is that my husband works away Mon to Fri each week and when I ovaluate it always seem to be on a Thursday when he is away. I was wondering if there was anything I can do to change my menstrual cycle so that my ovaluation day changes.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. How exactly do you determine when you ovulate?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I chart my temp, cervical mucus and use opks? Is there anyway I can change my cycle so that I am ovaluating on a different day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Verina--how long have you been trying to get pregnant this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6 months
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Unfortunately there isn't anything you yourself can do to change your ovulation date. Of course, one thought would be to meet your husband wherever his is within 24 hours of ovulation, but, if that's not practical the other option is to go on birth control pills for a couple of months and then come off them. Doing that could potentially reset your system and change the ovulation date to a time when the two of you are together