DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I've now finished the prescription you suggested and there

Customer Question

I've now finished the prescription you suggested and there is no change in all the symptoms. What's nex? Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
What was your problem and what prescription was prescribed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You prescribed: CLAVUM OR AUGMENTIN (AMOXY 500 MG + CLAVULENIC ACID 125MG ) two time sdaily for 5 to 7 days.

For: Shortness of breath, palpitations, pain (that needs 20mg oxycodone to manage), the mucus lumps that come up through the day, far too much nasal congestion due to excessive secretions, intermittent numbness, the extremely loud tinnitus, dizziness, and wheezing too. Also v thirsty.

There's a bruised feeling around the chest and upper back. Much like when I has pneumonia but have no cough. Heart races and breath is short on the slightest exertion. Also have the additional sharp, shooting pains. Why the body would produce so much mucus and secretions?

In one of your replies you said it is a permanent condition; the next, that all symptoms would go away so obviously confused. TY v much.

Have you attended any doctor?
Any investigation done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is in continuation of the last question you answered on a new feed. The info is there. Dr yes, frequently. Chest x-ray, antibiotics.

After the course of antibiotic are you feeling better?
What findings in xray?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No obviously, and nothing in X-ray.

So it was not due infection as there is no improvement after antibiotics and also normal chest x ray findings.
The probable reason may be allergic condition like allergic rhinitis .Anti allergic drugs and hot water vapor inhalation and steroid nasal drop and steroid nasal puff may be helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was improvement after the stronger antibiotics but then the symptoms returned 2 weeks later. I did another course of the ones you suggested (instead of the levaquin) and there was no change. It seems there are 2 things, the sinusitis or rhinitis and whatever is causing the pain, breathing difficulties and heart palpitations on the slightest exertion. The allergist who I also saw did not think it was connected to allergy and antihistamines did nothing at all. Though I already use a neti pot and there's no point in using the steroid nasal products as they make everything worse in the long run. The cause needs to be found instead. The symptoms are getting worse every week. The pain also is severe. The Dr said it could be asthmatic bronchitis, which you agreed with originally. However the antibiotics you prescribed did not help like the others. The inhaler also makes the heart race and fluttering/palpitations worse so cannot use it.

Dear sir
You should understand that it is not possible to treat you on line.From your description it appears that it may due to so many things like
1.asthmatic bronchitis
2. cardiac asthma
3.allergic rhinitis
4.pneumonia
5.lung sol
To find out the exact cause the following investigations likely to be done
1.lung function test
2.cardiac test like ecg, echocardigram,
3.ct lung
I think you should abide by the advice of your doctor.
Experience: MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.