Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Doctor, I had a 5 day FET on the 26th February. First

Customer Question

Hello Doctor, I had a 5 day FET on the 26th February. First HGC test was done on the 11th March at 279ml/UI. Had a 6 weeks trans-vaginal ultasound done this week on the 24th where we there was no heartbeat. HGC level was at 5742 and progesterone at 37 on the day. 2nd ultrasound booked for next week at 7 weeks. How do the results appear in your opinion? I did have stronger symptoms in the first couple of weeks. No bleeding or spotting, neither cramping throughout.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Normally a heartbeat will be seen by 6 weeks. I believe that you were actually a little more than 6 weeks on March 24.
I would say that the lack of a heartbeat on March 24 is worrisome, and suggestive of miscarriage. You'll know for sure when you have the next ultrasound. If there is no heartbeat then, you'll know it's a miscarriage. The actual miscarriage often doesn't occur for weeks after the fetus has died.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dr Norm.

It's what I thought. Doctor said though that implantation could have been delayed?

Even allowing for some delay in implantation, things don't look so good. However, I could be wrong. You'll know next week. Good luck!
Thank you for your payment and rating.