Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

i had a abdominal cervical cerclage placed 14 days ago my

Customer Question

Hi i had a abdominal cervical cerclage placed 14 days ago my consultant said i can resume intercourse after my next period and see what happens in terms of pregnancy she knows my period was 3 days after my op i havent yet had intercourse in too scared but i did have orgasm from external stimulation 13days after surgery now im panicking it will damage my stitch could it??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
There's not much studies regarding orgasm after abdominal cerclage, so I believe it's mostly a matter of opinion regarding when is reasonable to have orgasm after the surgery.
Orgasm can lead to uterine contractions, but they is not likely to affect the stitch. Intercourse could bump against where the stitch is placed, and might affect healing.
I don't think you need to worry that orgasm will be harmful to your stitch. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankyou for replying to me, after losing two babies this is my final option so I'm panicking about everything
You're welcome. It's understandable.
The cerclage will hopefully help protect all your future pregnancies.
Thank you for your payment and rating.