Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

i have a white small lump on the lip of my vagina with a black

Customer Question

i have a white small lump on the lip of my vagina with a black head what could it be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
Most white lumps on the lip of the vagina are sebaceous cysts, which are a buildup of skin oil when the oil gland gets plugged. They can have a black head, just like acne on the face, from oxidation of the sebum (skin oil). However with most blackheads, the whole thing becomes black, so yours is a little unusual.
A black lump can also be a mole or even a melanoma, which is skin cancer. I think it would be best to see your doctor to have it checked. If there is doubt, it can be easily removed with local anesthesia to be sure what it is.
Thank you for your payment and rating.