Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

Im English and live in France. I had a CT Scan of my abdomen

Im English and live in France. I had a CT Scan of my abdomen today as I have rightside flank into abdomen uncomfortableness. I've had a colonoscopie where biopsies were taken which my Gastro dr thinks is Crohns. I get the result for this next week, but he also sent me for the CT Scan. Everything abdominal is clear in the CT but it has hightlighted my left ovary. This is how it translates..... "Tissue occuplying process left lateral ovarian referring primarily a subserosal fibroid uncomplicated pedicle" The measurement of this ovary is now 34mm. In July 2013 when I had an ultra sound it measured 23.8mm. I don't quite understand what the translation is saying. Should I wait to be referred to Gynea by my GI Dr or should it be looked at sooner?

Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

The size of the ovary is not concerning.

Dr. K. :

I am assuming there are no cysts or other lesions.

Dr. K. :

It appears you have a uterine fibroid, possibly pedunculated. It would help to know the size

Dr. K. :

Its very unlikely that this is the source of your symptoms

Dr. K. :

You need to see a gyn Dr. So you need to obtain a referral, it is not an emergency