DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I was nine days post five day ET ( frozen transfer April 1)

Customer Question

I was nine days post five day ET ( frozen transfer April 1) yesterday Aptil 10 and did a home pregnancy test the one that determines four days before period. It was negative ?!! My dr in Spain where ET done said too early as my period date no longer really known as had to induce a bleed this time as bled for about four months end of last year after two miscarriages and then an op to correct a uterine septum! What do u think??
She said to do on 17 April. I'm very very paranoid. I did have implantation cramping on Wednesday a week after but no other symptoms except tiredness.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
Your doctor is right that home pregnancy test will be positive after 14 days of fertilization.During this time you can confirm it by blood test.(hcg level).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So in your opinion I could still be pregnant and what i specifically need to know is if I am the hug levels still too low to show !?Also should i have any symptoms ???
If you see the hcg level is less than 5 you are not pregnant and the transfer is failed.
You should have some symptoms like nausea, vomiting, vertigo. bloating, sore breast etcbut these are not diagnostic and may not present at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you think in your opinion I should have those symptoms already only 10 days after ET ? You don't count the day if thee transfer do you???
all pregnancy related symptoms are because of HCG level in the blood.So after 10 days these symptoms are unlikely because of low hcg level even of being pregnant.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you you've made me feel much better and more positiveūüėÄ
Have a nice and best of luck
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS