Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

my period started on the 19th of March and hasn't stopped it

Customer Question

my period started on the 19th of March and hasn't stopped it is light but still there it's been four weeks now constant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How regular were your periods before this one?
Did the March 19 period come when expected?
Do you use anything for birth control? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't use birth control never have my period comes once a month when expected I do not get the stomach cramps I am 25 and not sexually active

It's unusual that a young woman with regular periods would get prolonged bleeding such as you have. Usually that kind of bleeding would occur when periods have been irregular for a while, which can result in a buildup of the uterine lining that then results in prolonged bleeding.
I would recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation. Perhaps you have a polyp or some other growth that is causing the bleeding.
Often prolonged bleeding is the result of hormonal changes, and can be easily treated using hormones, such as the birth control pill. If your doctor finds no other cause for the bleeding, that's what will probably be suggested. It will likely clear up the bleeding fairly quickly. Otherwise it could go on and on. Best wishes.