Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

, I am around 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning

I am around 5 weeks pregnant. I woke up this morning and found some light brown blood discharge and it still continue but it's not very heavy. I got no cramping or pain, I repeated pregnancy test and it came out positive. I called my GP but the nearest appointment for early scan is this Wednesday. GP said it might be just implantation bleeding because of so early pregnancy. It's a nerve racking game for me until I got for the scan. Is there any other reasons for this bleeding? Thank you
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
This is not implantation bleeding. It does not occur commonly and when it does it occurs at the time of implantation which is before you miss your period. It may be a sign of tubal pregnancy or miscarriage It can also occur very commonly in normal pregnancy. Unfortunately you cannot do anything to change the outcome. Unless you are having pain, it will not help to do a scan much before 5.5 weeks anyway so Wednesday should be fine.