DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I have had two faint positive pregnancy tests and have

Hi, I have had two faint positive pregnancy tests and have now started bleeding heavily, more than my normal period. Does it sound like a chemical pregnancy? I have since re-tested and it is now negative
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 2 years ago.
Yes you are in the abortion process and the pregnancy you had is not live at this moment.This bleeding may end in complete abortion and then bleeding will stop but if the bleeding is continued for a long time means incomplete abortion and a check DC has to be performed.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long should the bleeding last? Its only been two days so far

You can wait up to five days with decreasing amount of bleeding but if the bleeding remains same or increasing in amount by time incomplete abortion has to be considered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I will give it another 3day, if tue bleeding don't calm down I will go to A&E E, thanks for yyour help, much appreciated

If you are satisfied by my answer please rate me positive otherwise I will not be credited for my service.