Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

Good afternoon. I been seen by GP today morning and she is

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I been seen by GP today morning and she is not willing to give me a refferal for gyneacologist. 16 of January I been operated due left ovarian cyst. I have received the results and these been reassuring. 16 of February I have start to bleeding and have had some pain, 22 of March I have been seen by GP ( i was still bled) She send to scan. I been there 23 of April and result said - uterus enlarged to size of 16w pregnancy , hetergenous bulky anteverted uterus seen but no obvious fibroids seen. Clear endometrial cavity echo seen. Endometrial thickeness 10.1mm Right ovary appears normal. The left ovary is enlarged with volume of 10.1 cm/3 but otherwise appears normal. No obvious adnexal masses/cyts identified.No free fluid seen in the POD.
Also i been treated a loop excision treatment in october 2010. Last Smear test from 6/2013 been normal. When I asked Gyneacologist in Slovakia (where I'm from) he said I need to be seen by specoalist immediatelly. I'm 41 y old, I have 3 cesarean section, last one in 2/2010 with twins. My question is, where I can received the refferal for gyneacologist? Is it my problem non urgent and nothing to worried as my GP said?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
If your uterus is truly enlarged to the size of a 16 week pregnancy then yes it is an urgent gyn referralYour options are to pay for a private referral or to switch GPs. I would suggest first talking to your GP in person about your desire for a gyn referrral.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I been there today morning and she said it is not urgent and I need wait for other one GP to see me, which is next week and this other one may give me reffareal. I have not a enough money for private Dr. What I can to do?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.