Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

My mother has a dimple in her right armpit but on the left

Customer Question

My mother has a dimple in her right armpit but on the left of it, further towards her back rather than the breast itself. What could this actually be?Thanks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
This must be looked into as it is an area of skin that is retracted. The tail of the breast is in the armpit. The lymph nodes that drain the breast are in the armit. Skin dimpling or retraction is always suspicious for a lesion causing the skin to be pulled down. She needs an exam by a Dr and a mammogram. Of course there are many benign skin lesions that can also cause this. But more serious issues must first be ruled out.