Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 yrs experience, awarding winning educator
54412793

I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant, but I have no symptoms

hello,
I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant, but I have no symptoms at all.
Is that normal? Do I need to worry?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name is***** and I'll be providing your medical information today.

Many women don't have pregnancy symptoms quite yet so yes it's still in the normal range.

But at 6 weeks and 4 days, it's easy to get an ultrasound to verify that all is well to quiet the worry. Most ob-gyne's are willing to order one because.

Sometimes the symptoms of tiredness, tender breasts or frequent urination can be very mild. There might now be any nausea or smell aversion at all or just a bit starting around the 8th gestational week.

I hope this has been reassuring and helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had my HCG tested this week Wednesday and it was 19346 IU/L.

My progestrone was also 49.2nmol/L

I had period like cramps earlier in 5 weeks, but that disappeared when I started 6 weeks this week Monday.

So I am wondering if this is loss of symptom or normal.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.

This all sounds reassuring. The HCG numbers and progesterone levels are very consistent with a normal pregnancy. The cramps "like a period" are most common at time of implantation and the week after implantation, then usually disappear. So yes that loss of cramping symptom is normal.

Anything else?