Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had unprotected sex on Saturday he didn't come inside me

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex on Saturday he didn't come inside me but he did get some on the outside. I was due on my period yesterday but haven't come on could I be pregnant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
This is still unprotected sex. While it is very unlikely to get pregnant this way, its possible. Its not from preejaculate or from ejaculating on the outside. But it happens because ejaculation is hard to time and sometimes it starts before withdrawal can occur. Yes you could be pregnant. You should do a home pregnancy test.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will it show up this early
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
If your period was due yesterday, yes the pregnancy test will be positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I toke a test this morning n it said negative so why could my period be late
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
A period is generally late when you ovulate late. There is not any reason. Its nothing to be concerned about especially if you are only a few days late.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I re test in a few days
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if your period does not come.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok could it take a few days to show up as I've heard it takes a few days before hg levels will show up on a test
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
No it does not. The home tests are so sensitive now that they are positive 4-6 days before you miss a period. The only way it takes longer is if you got pregnant later in the cycle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My last period was the 17th April so could I just be late I'm stressing out here
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Yes your period is late It can be late for many reasons. It is rare that we can determine the cause. Aside from pregnancy, there are no serious causes so there is no good reason to be stressing out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My period arrived before but thank you for you help
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Great. As I said, no reason to stress. Periods are often late for no real reason. Great news. Please click on a rating for the time I have spent helping you.